Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Jake's Pre-Birthday Update



Jake is an awesome kid. He has a TON of personality, he's vocal, he knows what he wants (sometimes demanding), he's friendly, and he's rough and tough. I have had many people tell me he is such a sweetie and well behaved. I don't know how those people managed to only see him when he's being sweet! As you all know, Jake has many nicknames. The Goodrich family is known
for giving our pets nicknames...I think Milli had somewhere around 15 different names when it was all said and done. Apparently Ethan inherited the nicknaming trait because he is the one accredited with the name "Jakers". In addition to that one Jake has the following names: Jake-a-saurus, Pooper Plum, Jake-a-dactyl, Sugar Beet, Pooperton, and Honey Bee. These are just the ones that he's called most often. I realize that there will come a time when these names are no longer acceptable, but until that time comes they are keepers.
It seems like Jake has grown up in the last two weeks. His vocabulary has grown exponentially, and he now speaks in phrases and sentences. These are his most used sentences:

"No, not this one"

"What did you say?"

"I'll do it/I'll hold it/I'll come"

"Where's Mommy/Ethan/Daddy?"

"Uh oh, Spaghetti-Os"

"Oh no, problem!"

"Bumpy train track"

"My milk/cup/kitty/race car"

"What was that?"

You get the idea. He knows his colors, which honestly, he learned mostly from Ethan. He can count to 5 forward and backward and now tries to sing along to songs in the car. He is doing great at potty training and like Ethan did, spends his time at home without pants. We, and our neighbors, hope to work up to undies very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment